[comp.unix.aux] Sys 7.0 printer drivers

gosciak@muondev.uucp (Doug Gosciak) (06/05/91)

I've currently got system 7 installed on a Mac Plus that shares
a localtalk netowrk with a IIcx running A/UX 2.0.1 and would
like to stop reloading the laserwiter all the time. Does anyone
know if it is safe to put the Sys 7 printer drivers into the
A/UX system? If not, why not? Thanks.

Snail: Doug R. Gosciak     Quote: Become the one    Net: gosciak@muondev.uucp
       3321 Wyoming SW            you dream you     GEnie: DGOSCIAK
       Wyoming, MI 49509          can be.           CI$: 72115,703

stevew@trg.saic.com (Stephen Williams) (06/12/91)

In article <1991Jun5.130020.10775@muondev.uucp>, Doug Gosciak writes:
>I've currently got system 7 installed on a Mac Plus that shares
>a localtalk netowrk with a IIcx running A/UX 2.0.1 and would
>like to stop reloading the laserwiter all the time. Does anyone
>know if it is safe to put the Sys 7 printer drivers into the
>A/UX system? If not, why not? Thanks.

Well, I can't guarantee that it's safe, but it's been working for me for a
couple weeks now.  I've got basically the same setup as you -- a few Macs
running System 7.0 and a few Mac IIcx/ci/fx's running A/UX 2.0.1.  All are
printing to an Apple LaserWriter via LocalTalk.  I dropped the System 7.0
printer drivers into the A/UX machines and have had no "reloading" problems
since.

Stephen Williams					stevew@trg.saic.com
Technology Research Group			 uunet!ucbvax!tureen!stevew
Science Applications International Corporation		     (619) 546-6284