[comp.unix.aux] CD ROMs

dundas@granite.jpl.nasa.gov (John Dundas) (06/05/91)

Is anyone else having trouble mounting CD ROMs under 2.0.1?  Some ROMs (e.g.,
A/UX 2.0 distribution, Apple CD ROM Explorer) mount fine.  Others (e.g.,
issue 6 of 'develop', some Voyager data disks) which work fine under MacOS
are unreadable/unmountable under A/UX 2.0.1.  Any ideas?

John Dundas

tony@tui.marcam.dsir.govt.nz (Tony Cooper) (06/06/91)

In article <1991Jun5.141549.19544@jato.jpl.nasa.gov>,
dundas@granite.jpl.nasa.gov (John Dundas) writes:
|> Is anyone else having trouble mounting CD ROMs under 2.0.1?  Some
ROMs (e.g.,
|> A/UX 2.0 distribution, Apple CD ROM Explorer) mount fine.  Others (e.g.,
|> issue 6 of 'develop', some Voyager data disks) which work fine under MacOS
|> are unreadable/unmountable under A/UX 2.0.1.  Any ideas?

The Develop #6 disk has a 'faulty' partition map. I have been told (thanks
Art) that the name fields are not unique. There may be other problems. My
program HFSmount will mount it OK. But I have to finish writing it.

Tony Cooper
sramtrc@albert.dsir.govt.nz

frel@randvax.UUCP (Dave Frelinger) (06/07/91)

>Is anyone else having trouble mounting CD ROMs under 2.0.1?  Some ROMs
>(e.g., A/UX 2.0 distribution, Apple CD ROM Explorer) mount fine.  Others
>(e.g., issue 6 of 'develop', some Voyager data disks) which work fine
>under MacOS are unreadable/unmountable under A/UX 2.0.1.  Any ideas?
>
>John Dundas

I would like to add that I too have been having the same problem with
CD-ROMS.  I posted a similar question to the A/UX group on CI$ but I
haven't received any response.  If anone knows the answer to this question
I think there are a lot of us sitting out here on the net wondering how to
get those CD recognized.

Dave

ksand@apple.com (Kent Sandvik) (06/15/91)

In article <676362431.16@egsgate.FidoNet.Org>, John.Dundas@f98.n250.z1.FidoNet.Org (John Dundas) writes:

> Is anyone else having trouble mounting CD ROMs under 2.0.1?  Some ROMs (e.g.,
> A/UX 2.0 distribution, Apple CD ROM Explorer) mount fine.  Others (e.g.,
> issue 6 of 'develop', some Voyager data disks) which work fine under MacOS
> are unreadable/unmountable under A/UX 2.0.1.  Any ideas?
>
> John Dundas

This is a known problem with some of our Developer Services CD
HFS partitions on the CD itself. Same thing with the latest
"Lord of the Files". We are aware of the problem, and should
correct this in future CD releases.

regards,
Kent
..back from Nashville...