[comp.unix.aux] The Man with two Monitors

elliott@acf3.NYU.EDU (frank w elliott jr,523 wwh,(212)-998-3120,) (06/19/91)

Does anyone know if A/UX 2.01 will allow the use of multiple
monitors under multifinder?  I understand that this is possible
under X, but I need to use a typesetting program that runs
only in the Mac environment..

Frank Elliott
Recovering Stardent computer user.
Ceci n'est pas un ordinateur.

hardie@apple.com (Hardie Tankersley) (06/20/91)

In article <23360001@acf3.NYU.EDU>, elliott@acf3.NYU.EDU (frank w elliott jr,523 wwh,(212)-998-3120,) writes:

> Does anyone know if A/UX 2.01 will allow the use of multiple
> monitors under multifinder?  I understand that this is possible
> under X, but I need to use a typesetting program that runs
> only in the Mac environment..

Yes, A/UX 2.0.1 will allow use of multiple monitors under MultiFinder.  But
not 2.0.

Hardie

----------------------
Hardie Tankersley
Support Readiness
Apple Computer, Inc.
hardie@apple.com
"I don't speak for Apple, blah blah blah"
----------------------

hosking@cs.umass.edu (Tony &) (06/20/91)

In article <23360001@acf3.NYU.EDU> elliott@acf3.NYU.EDU (frank w elliott jr,523 wwh,(212)-998-3120,) writes:

   Does anyone know if A/UX 2.01 will allow the use of multiple
   monitors under multifinder?  I understand that this is possible
   under X, but I need to use a typesetting program that runs
   only in the Mac environment..

Yes, we have a two monitor setup, and things work fine under A/UX Multifinder.
--
	Tony Hosking
	Dept. of Computer and Information Science	 _--_|\