[comp.unix.aux] Adduser

robertl@anutech.anu.edu.au (06/24/91)

I am in the process of installing A/UX in a site that has various  other UNIX
systems.  One feature that I use a lot with A/UX is the adduser script in
conjuction with commando to add many users to the system.

I want to add users to the already exsisting UNIX environment using the adduser
script  with commando using rlogin from A/UX.  But I can't simply move the
script over, because it calls a library routine called addusersub.

My question is this:  Can I use adduser on other systems?  Can I get the source
for addusersub?

Any answers to this would be much Appreciated.

- rob

Robert Leidl                         Internet: robertl@anutech.anu.edu.au
Rob Tom & Associates Pty Ltd        QuickMail: +61 06 247 8087
GPO Box 1681                        AppleLink: AUST0503
ACTON ACT      2601                 Telephone: +61 06 247 2033
AUSTRALIA                           Facsimile: +61 06 257 1433

gilbertd@cricket.bio.indiana.edu (Don Gilbert) (06/24/91)

In article <1991Jun24.072221.14093@newshost.anu.edu.au> robertl@anutech.anu.edu.au writes:
>My question is this:  Can I use adduser on other systems?  Can I get the source
>for addusersub?

I'd like to second the plea for addusersub source.  My copy of adduser stopped
working a few months back, and I traced the failure to the addusersub.  I have
not been able to trace the problem beyond that.  Source to addusersub
should let me get adduser working again. -- Don
--
Don Gilbert                                     gilbert@bio.indiana.edu