[comp.unix.aux] Phase 1 Ethertalk with A/UX

rolfe@w3vh.UUCP (Rolfe Tessem) (06/25/91)

This may border on a FAQ, but I haven't seen it answered in the couple of months
I've been reading this group.  I just brought up A/UX 2.01 on a machine that
shares a small ethernet with other Macs running Mac OS and Ethertalk phase 1
drivers.  I assume the 2.01 installation must have defaulted to phase 2, since
I can't see any of my Appletalk devices or even zones.  So the $64,000 question is:

	How do I get A/UX to run phase 1?

Interrupt

--
Rolfe Tessem        | Lucky Duck Productions
rolfe@w3vh.UUCP	    | 17 Saint Luke's Place

ksand@apple.com (Kent Sandvik) (06/27/91)

In article <119@w3vh.UUCP>, rolfe@w3vh.UUCP (Rolfe Tessem) writes:

> This may border on a FAQ, but I haven't seen it answered in the couple of months
> I've been reading this group.  I just brought up A/UX 2.01 on a machine that
> shares a small ethernet with other Macs running Mac OS and Ethertalk phase 1
> drivers.  I assume the 2.01 installation must have defaulted to phase 2, since
> I can't see any of my Appletalk devices or even zones.  So the $64,000 question is:
>
> 	How do I get A/UX to run phase 1?

A/UX 2.0.(1) is not able to run AppleTalk phase 1 on EtherTalk.
The LocalTalk side is always running phase one (there's no phase
two on LocalTalk).

Kent