[comp.unix.aux] X11 and A/UX

coolidge@cs.uiuc.edu (John Coolidge) (06/29/91)

jamest@themepark. (James H. Tinkess) writes:
>Greetings can someone tell me if X11 will run under A/UX??
>Are there any gotchas? Does A/UX supply an X server?
>I've tried to deal with the local retailers and can't get any
>answers

Yes, X11R4 runs under A/UX. There are several versions: Apple has a
product called X Windows for A/UX, which is their (improved) version of
the X11R4 server, a shared-library version of libX11, unshared versions
of the other libraries, and the standard clients. MIT distributes A/UX
support in the stock R4 release. I've taken their code and added shared
libraries for libX11, libXt, libXaw, libXmu, and libXext, fixed a few
bugs, and compiled the whole thing; diffs and binaries are available
from wuarchive.wustl.edu.

A/UX 2.0.1 also includes MacX, a MacOS-based X window server, in the
standard package. You don't get any clients or libraries, though; you'll
have to get those from one of the above sources.

--John

John L. Coolidge     Internet:coolidge@cs.uiuc.edu   UUCP:uiucdcs!coolidge
Of course I don't speak for the U of I (or anyone else except myself)
Copyright 1991 John L. Coolidge. Copying allowed if (and only if) attributed.
You may redistribute this article if and only if your recipients may as well.