[alt.individualism] be individuals! yeah!

ccs026@deneb.ucdavis.edu (-=paul=-) (03/10/88)

who equated "individualism" with "libertarianism"
is what i want to know.

i'd like to propose that individualism is not
necessarily related to belonging to groups, but
is a state of mind.  i consider myself to be
an individualist because i enjoy doing things
by and for myself, not to conform to some other
person's idea of what i should be or do.

-=paul=-
i'm as brave as the next man

mack@inco.UUCP (Dave Mack) (03/12/88)

In article <1353@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu> ccs026@deneb.ucdavis.edu.UUCP (-=paul=-) writes:

>who equated "individualism" with "libertarianism"
>is what i want to know.
>
>i'd like to propose that individualism is not
>necessarily related to belonging to groups, but
>is a state of mind.  i consider myself to be
>an individualist because i enjoy doing things
>by and for myself, not to conform to some other
>person's idea of what i should be or do.
>
>-=paul=-
>i'm as brave as the next man

Well, personally, I'm an anarchist, and I think that everyone who
doesn't think the way I do should be killed.

BTW, -=paul=-, have a nice life.

--
  		Dave Mack	Keeper of the Eternal FLAME
  McDonnell Douglas-Inco, Inc. 		DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed