rjp1@ihlpa.ATT.COM (03/12/88)

Hmmm.

Nice concept for a newsgroup.

But, what's it for?

Is this a spinoff of talk.bizzarre?

[Damn!  Is that 1 z or 1 r or both?]

Why should anyone post followups?

[ ZAP! ]  On second thought, oops!

What should I post....  What should I say....  Hmmmm....

I think this calls for a new .signature don't you?

mok@pawl6.pawl.rpi.edu (Mok Jag) (03/18/88)

In article <7383@ihlpa.ATT.COM> rjp1@ihlpa.ATT.COM writes:

>Is this a spinoff of talk.bizzarre?
>
>[Damn!  Is that 1 z or 1 r or both?]

   This is alt.individualism! Make up your own spellings! Be an individual for
once rather than continuing the traditions that have been passed down from your
teachers. Just don't blame us if noone can read your articels. That's just the
price of being individualistic...

mok@life.pawl.rpi.edu
    _ _ _            Don't                    Time is
   / ) ) )    /      take life                just so that
    / / /  __/_>     too seriously,           everything doesn't
   / ( (_/(_)  \     It isn't permanant       happen at once --B. Banzai

Evil spelled backwards is Live, and we ALL want to do that. -Rock 'n' Rule

rjp1@ihlpa.ATT.COM (03/22/88)

In article (Mok Jag) writes:
>In article (rjp1) writes:
>>
>> Is this a spinoff of talk.bizzarre?
>>
>> [Damn!  Is that 1 z or 1 r or both?]
>
> This is alt.individualism! Make up your own spellings! Be an individual for
> once rather than continuing the traditions that have been passed down from
> your teachers. Just don't blame us if noone can read your articels. That's
> just the price of being individualistic...
>
> mok@life.pawl.rpi.edu

If I take your advice, that wouldn't be very individualistic of me would
it?  [rats!]  [and it was a good idea too!]

Hmm...

  "Does Earth cut a hole in Heaven, or Heaven plug a hole in Earth?
   How wonderful to be so profound when everything you are is dying
   on the ground."

gypsy@c3pe.UUCP (gypsy roach lee) (03/27/88)

In article <7437@ihlpa.ATT.COM>, rjp1@ihlpa.ATT.COM writes:
> In article (Mok Jag) writes:
> >In article (rjp1) writes:
> >>
> >> Is this a spinoff of talk.bizzarre?
> >>
> >> [Damn!  Is that 1 z or 1 r or both?]
> >
> > This is alt.individualism! Make up your own spellings! Be an individual for
> > once rather than continuing the traditions that have been passed down from
> > your teachers. Just don't blame us if noone can read your articels. That's
> > just the price of being individualistic...
>
> If I take your advice, that wouldn't be very individualistic of me would
> it?  [rats!]  [and it was a good idea too!]

but isn't it kind of conformist these days to refuse to do something just
because someone else does? ;-) if that's individualism, there is literally
*no* way to be an individual.  i have only seen one person pull that sort
of thing off even semi-successfully -- instead of doing the opposite of
what was expected, he would do something several degrees off to the left.
fun to try to predict him, only sometimes he would do exactly what you would
have expected had you been foolish enough to expect him to do the logical
thing, only you were no longer expecting that... made the head spin.  thing
is, that's *still* not individualism, just contrariness.  he was still
letting society tell him what to do, only backwards, or sideways.

the most accurate definition of individualism is ridiculously simple... but i
still haven't seen it here and don't expect to.  okay, so i sound a little
arrogant.  well, i *am*.  ask anyone.  but if you pick on me for it i'm just
gonna claim that you are intertfering with my own individualistic philosophy,
so you might as well forget it.  i was taught by a master... ;-)

gypsy @ ..!decuac.dec.com!c3pe

"If you want to be you, be you,
 And if you want to be me, be me"