[net.followup] Nancy throws up.

mark@cogent.UUCP (Mark Steven Jeghers) (10/13/86)

John Williams makes the following venomous, bitter remarks:

>>   WASHINGTON (AP) - First lady Nancy Reagan urged parents Thursday
>>to push their anti-drug message until they make people ``very, very
>>uncomfortable.''
>
>WHY????? I would personally like to know if this bitch is capable
>of abstraction to the point where she might be able to give substantial
>justification for her personal views. Do you suppose this bitch threatened
>to divorce Ronnie or something? What a mindless crusade.

I am amazed by Mr. Williams intensely hateful and paranoid reaction to
the fact that Mrs. Reagan wants people to make formidable stand against
drug abuse.  Apparently this makes her a bitch, not to mention mindless.
His personal attacks on her and her alleged marriage of blackmail and
manipulation make Mr. Williams appear to be equally incapable of giving
substantial justification to his vehement opposition.  Perhaps he is
selling and/or using drugs himself and, consequently, has a violent
reaction to anyone who excercises their right to express their objections
(both moral and otherwise) to such things.  I can not percieve any other
cause for such a hateful outburst as Mr. Williams (but I am open to
enlightenment, if anyone knows other possible causes).

>I don't know how such a mindless dingbat can expect any intelligent
>individual to accept her stinking load of crap.

Taking a stand for ones' personal convictions is neither mindless or
stinking crap.  Especially when that conviction is an admirable one
such as reducing the abuse of drugs which wreck lives.

>( Has this bitch been taking lessons from Hitler? )

Has Mr. Williams been taking lessons from McCarthy?  What an asinine
correlation.

>	This clinches it. NOW I PUSH BACK, BITCH. How dare you tell
>me what to do with my life. Your days are numbered. You declare war

This is such a typical reaction lately.  Anyone who makes a stand for
something that Mr. Williams doesn't like is a narrow-minded bigot, a
bitch who blackmails her husband with divorce threats, a disciple of
Hitler, and an evil aggressor who is trying to take all his personal
freedoms away.  While I agree that our personal freedoms are being
threatened (as always through history), I doubt very much that the
culprit is Mrs. Reagan.  I much rather think that the culprit is, in
reality, people like Mr. Williams, who, in furious fits of anger, stab
the backs of anyone who tries to use their God-given (oops, sorry, Mr.
Williams, I didn't mean to infringe upon your rights by mentioning you-
know-who) right to have their own views of what is right and what is
wrong and to promote those views.

>come all, join the BANDWAGON! Let's make people so full of Hate that they

Apparently, people like Mr. Williams are already quite full of hate.  No
effort will be needed in this area.  The job's already done.

>Here's a hearty FUCK YOU.

Isn't it wonderful that in this great land we all have the right to make
public, ignorant, and martyr-like jackasses of ourselves?

Send hateful responses to: { dual, ptsfa }!cogent!mark

tpl@hou2b.UUCP (T.LEE) (10/13/86)

She can preach to the die-hard association anyway she desires.  It is
unfortunately that some of us have to read this from the press and get all
mighty upset.  Drug is an issue of grave concern to many people; however, the
emotion expressed and words used in this netnews aritcle only drives me more
to the anti-drug camp which I don't necessary like to be in.

It is, in my view, unfortunately the credibility gap of some outspoken people
that subtly make some of us decide the way we judge things and NOT the real
issue itself.
   Drink (or drug or ...) as much as you like, and just don't crash to
somebody's family car with 3 kids inside.  It is these 3 kids that got the
anti-drinking (anti-....) crusade going strong. :-)
--
	ATT BL Holmdel
	....!hou2b!tpl

krs@astroatc.UUCP (Keith R. Scidmore) (10/13/86)

In article <2@cogent.UUCP> mark@cogent.UUCP (Mark Steven Jeghers) writes:

> [...]
>culprit is Mrs. Reagan.  I much rather think that the culprit is, in
>reality, people like Mr. Williams, who, in furious fits of anger, stab
>the backs of anyone who tries to use their God-given (oops, sorry, Mr.
>Williams, I didn't mean to infringe upon your rights by mentioning you-
>know-who) right to have their own views of what is right and what is
>wrong and to promote those views.
>
>>come all, join the BANDWAGON! Let's make people so full of Hate that they
>
>Apparently, people like Mr. Williams are already quite full of hate.  No
>effort will be needed in this area.  The job's already done.
>
>>Here's a hearty FUCK YOU.
>
>Isn't it wonderful that in this great land we all have the right to make
>public, ignorant, and martyr-like jackasses of ourselves?
>
>Send hateful responses to: { dual, ptsfa }!cogent!mark

stever@tekgen.UUCP (Imants Golts) (10/13/86)

there is sure a lot of hate expressed in the original message by
the author towards Nancy Reagan, the irony is of course is that the author
claims Nancy is contributing towards a world of more hate

i don't think the war on drugs is going to do much considering that
most of the country relies on caffinee, nictotine, valium, alcoholic,
etc., crutches

but we should be sorry for Ron and Nancy, and understand that they are
trying to project their idea of family values on the nation as a whole
because of their own lack of ability to have and hold a real family themselves

we should also be sorry for the author who needs vast more help than
Ron and Nancy will ever need,  I recommend that he/she seek counseling
of some sort to find out why he needs to project such hate to Nancy

krs@astroatc.UUCP (Keith R. Scidmore) (10/13/86)

>John Williams makes the following venomous, bitter remarks:
>
>>>   WASHINGTON (AP) - First lady Nancy Reagan urged parents Thursday
>>>to push their anti-drug message until they make people ``very, very
>>>uncomfortable.''
>>
>>WHY????? I would personally like to know if this bitch is capable
>>of abstraction to the point where she might be able to give substantial
>>justification for her personal views. Do you suppose this bitch threatened
>>to divorce Ronnie or something? What a mindless crusade.
>
>I am amazed by Mr. Williams intensely hateful and paranoid reaction to
>the fact that Mrs. Reagan wants people to make formidable stand against
>drug abuse....

I'm amazed too.  I fail to understand why people like this can't see
how irrational their views appear when they are couched in such
emotional text.  Mr. Williams completely obliterated his credibility
in the opening line of his artical.

This type of attitude seems to be common among people with far left
and far right political views.  Perhaps irrationality is a prerequisite
to those political positions.

jeffw@midas.UUCP (Jeff Winslow) (10/14/86)

Re: The First Rambix, er, Lady's comment:

>>   ``There's no middle ground. Indifference is not an option,'' she
>>said. ``For the sake of our children, I implore each of you to be
>>even more unyielding and inflexible as you continue your crusade
>>against drugs.''

That's funny. "If you are not for us, you are against us." (In other words,
we are justified doing whatever we want with you.) Who would have imagined
that old revolutionary horses*** would ever come out of Nancy Reagan's mouth?

							Jeff Winslow

bytebug@fritz.UUCP (Roger L. Long) (10/15/86)

In article <5854@decwrl.DEC.COM> williams@kirk.dec.com (John Williams) writes:
>				 What a mindless crusade.

Says you.  I happen to agree that abuse of drugs is destroying our society.

>I don't know how such a mindless dingbat can expect any intelligent
>individual to accept her stinking load of crap.

Thus, I must not be intelligent.  Oh well...

>	And then we can proceed to persecute this minority. Let's
>connect libertarianism to subversive activity. Anyone who believes
>in civil rights is a national threat to security. We are the majority,
>let's not lose our power to push around minorities. Damn, does this crusade
>make me look GOOD. Who cares if beauty is only skin deep, it's the only thing
>I really want other people to see. Who cares if it's just a superficial and
>ineffective solution. If I can make you believe it, I look good.

I don't see what any of this has to do with civil rights.  Drugs are illegal.
Period.  Certain of us feel that this abuse has gone to far, and is impacting
the society we live in in a negative way.  We've decided to stand up for OUR
rights.

>	This clinches it. NOW I PUSH BACK, BITCH. How dare you tell
>me what to do with my life. Your days are numbered. You declare war
>against civil liberty, and you are doomed to failure. You will never
>get away with this outright attempt to deprive me of my rights. This
>is only a last ditch attempt to manifest an authoritarian society. I
>accuse you of outright ignorance. I accuse you of outright propaganda.
>I accuse you of using terror to meet your own particular ends. Come one,
>come all, join the BANDWAGON! Let's make people so full of Hate that they
>can't see straight. Only we have the weapons to express our hatred. The
>other side can only destroy itself, BUT NOT WITH DRUGS!

Why the hell CAN'T we tell you what to do with your life?  If you want to
do ANYTHING without having to answer to ANYONE, go move to a desert island
where you don't have to put up with the rest of society.  As long as you're
living here, you'd better be willing to put up with some laws aimed at
protecting everyone's rights within this society.  If you choose to feel
that certain laws are mindless or don't apply to you, don't complain if
the rest of us protect our rights when you break them.  I accuse YOU of
outright ignorance!

>	Stiff and bittle as an ancient tree, ready to topple at the first
>hints of unseasonable weather. You are right that the battle has only begun,
>but I'm afraid that you do not truly understand your enemy. You seem to think
>that People like me will be terrorized and intimidated by your mindless
>crusade. There is one thing you forgot. I don't need you. You think you're
>some exclusive dispenser of human dignity, but all you do is make a mockery
>of justice. Your greedy overinflated ego will not let you accept any of the
>fault. You blind us with ambition. You manipulate us with fear. You cut off
>escape so you can apply more pressure. I am convinced that the only type
>of human potential you are concerned with is what can be exploited for the
>better interest of taxible qualities. In other words, you have too much
>goddamn power. I would rather die than live in your perverted, distorted,
>primitive, dichotic, neurotic, version of reality. You make a mockery of
>everything liberty stands for. I'm one peasant who isn't that ignorant.
>
>					Here's a hearty FUCK YOU.

And here's a hearty FUCK YOU to YOU.  I'm tired of my rights being slowly
eroded by mindless jerks who feel that have the right to do ANYTHING and
EVERYTHING they please.  I'm tired of the needless deaths associated with
drug abuse.  I'm tired of the ever increasing crime associated with drug
abuse.  And I'm tired of righteous individuals such as yourself protecting
these criminals.

My message to you is to grow up and accept some responsibility for the
society you live in.  You may not care if society as we once knew it gets
flushed down the toilet, but I DO.
--
	Roger L. Long
	FileNet Corp