[comp.parallel] RFI: solving systems of ODEs on parallel machines

alk@donald.cs.umn.edu (Anthony L. Kimball) (08/09/89)

Please reply to rai@neuro.med.umn.edu:

Surely there must be someone out there solving systems of ordinary
differential equations on parallel hardware!  So far my inquiries
have had -zero- response.  Please make my day and drop me a line if
you have any references to work in this area.  If not specifically
with regard to SIMD arrchitectures, then others as well...

--alk for rai@neuro.med.umn.edu

art@buengc.BU.EDU (A. R. Thompson) (08/10/89)

In article <6216@hubcap.clemson.edu> alk@donald.cs.umn.edu (Anthony L. Kimball) writes:
>Please reply to rai@neuro.med.umn.edu:
>
>Surely there must be someone out there solving systems of ordinary
>differential equations on parallel hardware!  So far my inquiries
>have had -zero- response.  Please make my day and drop me a line if
>you have any references to work in this area.  If not specifically
>with regard to SIMD arrchitectures, then others as well...

If others are like me, the reason you have had zero responses is because
mail to you bounces.

I sent you the name of a colleague of mine who is doing extensive ODE work
on the Connection Machine, but the mail bounced after a couple of days
(never heard of you).

So, you can contact me direct, ar@buengc.bu.edu and I will pass on what I
know.

/Al Thompson