[comp.parallel] CONPAR 90 / VAPP IV Conf. on Vector and Parallel Processing

arbenz@inf.ethz.ch (11/11/89)

>Newsgroups: news.announce.conferences,comp.parallel

               V                  Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH
              V                   Zuerich, Switzerland
   C  O  N  P  A  R    9  0
  C  O  N  P  A  R    9  0        September 10-13, 1990
              P                   Sponsored by
              P                   Schweizer  Informatiker Gesellschaft SI
               IV                 IEEE Switzerland Section
             IV
                                  in cooperation with

                                  Gesellschaft fuer Informatik GI-PARS
                                  British Computer Society BCS-PPSG
                                  Computer Society of the IEEE
                                  Swiss Chapter of the ACM

The past decade has seen the emergence of the two highly successful series
of CONPAR and of VAPP conferences on the subject of parallel processing.
TheVector and Parallel Processors in Computational Science meetings were
held in Chester (VAPP I, 1981),  Oxford (VAPP II, 1984) and Liverpool (VAPP
III, 1987). The International conferences on Parallel Processing took place
in Erlangen (CONPAR 81),  Aachen (CONPAR 86) and Manchester (CONPAR 88). The
format of the joint meeting will follow the pattern set by its predecessors.
It is intended to review hardware and architecture developments together
with languages and software tools for supporting parallel processing.
Another objective of the conference will be to highlight advances in
algorithms and applications software on vector and parallel architectures.

It is expected that the programme will cover languages/software tools,
hardware/architecture, algorithms/software and applications.

Also special sessions will be devoted to the field of application and/or
programming language specific architectures; i.e. machines, where
performance has been gained through limiting the field of applications, or
systems designed according to a joint optimization of programming language
and architecture.

Other topics of special interest are
* performance analysis for real-life applications
* testing and debugging of parallel systems
* portability of parallel programs
* paradigms for concurrency and their implementation

The conference should appeal to anyone with an interest in the design and
use of vector and parallel machines.

Call for Papers
Original papers are invited for the conference. Five copies of the full
paper (maximum of 10 pages) are to be submitted no later than Feb 1, 1990.
The proceedings of the joint VAPP/CONPAR conference will be published as a
volume in the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science series.

Further Information

	Prof. Dr. Helmar Burkhart
	Institut fuer Informatik
	Universitaet Basel