[comp.parallel] comp-vis: Mailing list for Computer Visualization

thomson@cs.utah.edu (Rich Thomson) (12/08/89)

In an e-mail message, Judy Brown <jbrown@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu> writes:
    > Subject: comp-vis

    > How does one subscribe to this list?  I thought from the
    > discussion with sci-vis that it was another news feed,
    > but it doesn't seem to be.

comp-vis is a mailing list I started about a year and a half ago for the
subject of computer visualization, of which scientific visualization is a
specialization.  To add/delete yourself to/from the list, send a message
to:
    comp-vis-request@cs.utah.edu

with the message body indicating the desired administrative action.

To send contributions to comp-vis, send your mail to:

    comp-vis@cs.utah.edu

If you wish to obtain back issues (there are a couple), you can ftp to
cs.utah.edu (internet host address 128.110.4.21) and cd to pub/comp-vis.
As described in news.lists, the charter of this mailing list is:

(From news.lists, dated 7 Nov 89)
comp-visualization
    Contact: comp-vis-request@cs.utah.edu  (Rich Thomson)

    Purpose:  This mailing list is intended to be a forum for
    discussion of computer visualization.  "Computer visualization"
    refers to the related topics of graphical program interfaces,
    simulation, image processing and computer graphics with a dash of
    hypermedia and artificial intelligence thrown in.  The group
    discusses any and or all topics related to computer visualization
    and its application to problems in the sciences.

[ Beware that this mailing list may be merged with Mark VandeWettering's
  sci-vis mailing list.  We're still hashing out the details ]

						-- Rich
--
Rich Thomson	thomson@cs.utah.edu  {bellcore,hplabs,uunet}!utah-cs!thomson
"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with