[comp.parallel] Research in the area of Parallel Debuggers

douglas@cis.ohio-state.edu (John D. Turner) (07/12/90)

I am currently starting a masters thesis in the area of debuggers
for parallel programming.  I wish to collect some of the current
and recent work in this area and would like any references that
you might have.  If enough responses come in I will repost a summary
of the list.

						john.....

--
Swamp Thing: "...but you, yourself, said I was a plant."
Heather Locklear: "I know but I am a vegetarian."

leland@cs.columbia.edu (Lee Woodbury) (07/18/90)

In article <9645@hubcap.clemson.edu> mead!mead!douglas@cis.ohio-state.edu (John  D. Turner) writes:
>I am currently starting a masters thesis in the area of debuggers
>for parallel programming.  I wish to collect some of the current
>and recent work in this area and would like any references that
>you might have.  If enough responses come in I will repost a summary
>of the list.

Your task will be a lot easier if you get your hands on "A Bibliography
of Parallel Debuggers", SIGPLAN Notices, Vol 24, No 11, pp 29-42, Sue
Utter and Cherri M. Pancake.  This is an extensive list that strives to
include virtually everything that's been written on the subject, and I
believe the authors are maintaining/updating the list.  If you have
trouble finding the paper, you might try contacting them directly at
psu@cornellf.tn.cornell.edu and pancake@ducvax.auburn.edu, respectively.

Leland Woodbury
--
ARPANET/INTERNET: leland@cs.columbia.edu
	  USENET: ...!columbia!cs.columbia.edu!leland