[comp.parallel] Fastest Computer

weverka@ncar.UCAR.EDU (Robert T. Weverka) (10/25/90)

I am seeking the most flattering statitistics that any parallel computing
machine can brag of.  Special Purpose hardware is welcome, general purpose
machines quoted for running on the problems for which they are best suited.

This is for comparison to analogue signal processors.  Examples of fast
machines in other technologies are welcome.

-Thanks in advance,  Ted
                     weverka@boulder.colorado.edu

mark@mips.COM (Mark G. Johnson) (10/29/90)

In article <11152@hubcap.clemson.edu> boulder!sashimi!weverka@ncar.UCAR.EDU (Robert T. Weverka) writes:
  >I am seeking the most flattering statitistics that any parallel computing
  >machine can brag of.  This is for comparison to analogue signal
  >processors.  Examples of fast machines in other technologies are welcome.

My favorite "peak" performance number is this:  the digital
processors onboard the General Dynamics F16 aircraft have a
computational power of 1.0 unstable-airframes-kept-flying.
There is no analogue processor that even remotely approaches
this processing speed.
--
 -- Mark Johnson
 	MIPS Computer Systems, 930 E. Arques M/S 2-02, Sunnyvale, CA 94086