[comp.parallel] C 3L utility

touzene@alize.imag.fr (10/30/90)

There are some problems in using the t8c, t8ctask, t8cstask of 3L
Parallel C V2.1 Release.  When large amount of memory is declared
as a global data for a task, the time taken by those utilities is
very long.

In waiting your suggetions to overcome that trouble, many thanks.
--
touzene abderezak thesard
touzene@alize.imag.fr

galuska@udel.edu (Scott Galuska) (10/31/90)

In article <11259@hubcap.clemson.edu> touzene@alize.imag.fr () writes:
>There are some problems in using the t8c, t8ctask, t8cstask of 3L
>Parallel C V2.1 Release.  When large amount of memory is declared
>as a global data for a task, the time taken by those utilities is
>very long.

>In waiting your suggetions to overcome that trouble, many thanks.

One way to overcome the problem is NOT to declare a large amount of memory
as global data!  I know, I have had the same problem as you.  What I did was
to allocate the global data during run-time, and declare the pointer to that
allocated memory in global data.  That works out quite well- especially since
both global data and run-time allocated data are both placed in the heap
portion of the code.
--
Scott Galuska
Dept. of Computer & Info. Science