[comp.parallel] Parallel Programming Books to read

per@cwi.nl (Per Spilling) (01/07/91)

I would like to get recommendations about books to read as an introduction/
overview of the field of parallel programming. I have the following list of
books under considerations at present:

- Almasi & Gottlieb, "Highly Parallel Computing"
- Krishnamurthy, "Parallel Processing - Principles and Practice"
- Perrott, "Parallel Programming"
- Gehani & McGettrick, "Concurrent Programming"

Thanks for your help,

Per Spilling
Centre for Mathematics & Computer Science (CWI),
Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Email:per@cwi.nl, Tel: +31-20-592 4164

dgg@llcn2.jhuapl.edu (Dave Gawron) (01/08/91)

In <12499@hubcap.clemson.edu> per@cwi.nl (Per Spilling) writes:

>I would like to get recommendations about books to read as an introduction/
>overview of the field of parallel programming. I have the following list of
>books under considerations at present:

>- Almasi & Gottlieb, "Highly Parallel Computing"
>- Krishnamurthy, "Parallel Processing - Principles and Practice"
>- Perrott, "Parallel Programming"
>- Gehani & McGettrick, "Concurrent Programming"

You may also want to consider "Designing Efficient Algorithms for Parallel
Computers" by Michael J. Quinn.  It was my textbook for a parallel algorithms
class.

Dave Gawron
dgg@llcn2.jhuapl.edu    (128.244.69.72)
dgg@aplcomm.jhuapl.edu  (128.244.16.1)