[comp.parallel] parallel sorting algorithm references

nyan@cs.ualberta.ca (Nyan Lo) (02/28/91)

I am interested in some sorting algorithms to sort a one dimemsion
array of integer using several workstations connected together. I
appreciate any information I can get. Thanks in advance.

My e-mail : nyan@cs.ualberta.ca

hawley@uunet.UU.NET (David John Hawley) (03/04/91)

In article <13340@hubcap.clemson.edu> nyan@cs.ualberta.ca (Nyan Lo) writes:
>I am interested in some sorting algorithms to sort a one dimemsion
>array of integer using several workstations connected together. I
>appreciate any information I can get. Thanks in advance.

I am also interested in the sorting problem for multicomputers.
A brief tour through the recent literature came up with only one
algorithm: the distributed version of the "rank sort".

Please "tee" any references off to me also!

David Hawley, ICOT, 4th Lab
csnet: hawley%icot.jp@relay.cs.net uucp:{enea,inria,mit-eddie,ukc}!icot!hawley
ICOT, 1-4-28 Mita, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108 JAPAN. TEL/FAX {81-3-456-}2514/1618