[comp.parallel] C++ for the BBN Butterfly?

tmcbraye@hagar.ece.uc.edu (Tim McBrayer) (05/06/91)

Does anybody know of a version of C++ for the BBN Butterfly?  The specific
machine is the BBN TC2000.  Preferably, I would like a pointer to an FTP
site, if one exists.  Thanks in advance.

Tim McBrayer
tmcbraye@viking.ece.uc.edu

--
=========================== MODERATOR ==============================
Steve Stevenson                            {steve,fpst}@hubcap.clemson.edu

lkaplan@star-trek.bbn.com (Larry Kaplan) (05/20/91)

I was unable to respond directly to this person so here is the answer.

In article <1991May6.174527.14722@hubcap.clemson.edu>
tmcbraye@hagar.ece.uc.edu writes:

>Does anybody know of a version of C++ for the BBN Butterfly?  The specific
>machine is the BBN TC2000.  Preferably, I would like a pointer to an FTP
>site, if one exists.  Thanks in advance.

I just checked with our tools group and the plan is to release our C++ compiler
along with release 3.0 of the operating system.  The latter is currently in
beta test and will hopefully be ready sometime in June.  You will need to check
back then though.  Any beta sites will probably have it installed already.
Good luck.

Larry
Laurence S. Kaplan		|    \ 0 /    |		BBN Advanced Computers
lkaplan@bbn.com			 \____|||____/		10 Fawcett St.
(617) 873-2431			  /__/ | \__\		Cambridge, MA  02238