From: bryce@eris.berkeley.edu (Bryce Nesbitt)
Newsgroups: news.groups,comp.sys.amiga,comp.misc
Subject: Final results from the "comp.sys.amiga.tech" vote.
Date: 21 Feb 88 02:10:59 GMT
Sender: usenet@agate.BERKELEY.EDU

The 30 days for the vote on adding a ".tech" group to comp.sys.amiga has
expired.  The final results are as follows:

    The filesystem on which votes were stored was destroyed.  There are no
    known backups.

I'm not happy about this, but there is no way to recover the information.
An accurate tally can not be produced.	There is no way to verify the
votes.	Informal results are estimated as follows:

    YES     ~200
	    (~25 would prefer the name ".programmer".  This leaves the
	    placement of hardware articles up in the air) (Many indicated
	    they would still read both.  Others indicated that they will
	    read both, but concentrate more "quality" reading time on one
	    or the other.)

    NO	    ~35
	    (Many no votes came from BITNETers that feared loosing access
	    to the new group.  Most of the rest of the NOs were from people
	    who felt the split would not work.)

    YES ON MULTI-WAY KEYWORD SPLIT   ~40
	    (The multi-way split was never formally announced, but was
	    voted on be some people anyway)

Actual formalized use of the "Keywords:" line has been discussed, but no
vote has been taken.

Sigh.  It is still difficult to extract useful information from
comp.sys.amiga.

	    -Bryce Nesbitt
|\_/|  . ACK!, NAK!, EOT!, SOH!
{o o} .     Bryce Nesbitt
 (")        BIX: mleeds (temporarily)
  U	    USENET: bryce@eris.berkeley.EDU -or- ucbvax!eris!bryce

--
Bob Page, U of Lowell CS Dept.  page@swan.ulowell.edu  ulowell!page
"I don't know such stuff.  I just do eyes."  -- from 'Blade Runner'