[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Putting system requesters in custom screens

bryce@eris (Bryce Nesbitt) (03/22/88)

In article <804@zippy.eecs.umich.edu> gld@zippy.eecs.umich.edu (Greg L. Dykema) writes:

>Having created and displayed a custom screen, how can one cause system
>requesters such as the "insert disk such-and-such in any drive" to appear
>in the custom screen (when it is visible) instead of the Workbench screen?

Just read my article in the first issue of "Transactor for the Amiga". :-)

The secret is:

	Open your window
	save the pr_WindowPtr field of the Process structure
	set pr_WindowPtr to point to your window.
	Restore the old pr_WindowPtr
	Close the window

See "libraires/dosextens.h" for the definition of the Process struture.
Complete source code is avaiable in Transactor for the Amiga.

|\_/|  . ACK!, NAK!, EOT!, SOH!
{O_o} .     Bryce Nesbitt
 (")        BIX: mleeds (temporarily)
  U	    USENET: bryce@eris.berkeley.EDU -or- ucbvax!eris!bryce