[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Did CA screw 1000 owners?

bryce@eris (Bryce Nesbitt) (04/04/88)

In article <> sbmueller@trillium.waterloo.edu (Stephan Mueller) writes:

>...but it is perfectly
>valid for anyone to ask WHY CAN'T I RUN [THE TRANSFORMER] PROGRAM SINCE IT RUNS
>ON THIS VERY SIMILAR [A1000].  PLEASE CA, why doncha fix the
>darn thing and sell it to 2000 owners.

I suspect the technical reason has to do with the keyboad.  I have never
actually tried it, so take some salt right now.

The A1000 and A500 have a keyboard that can detect the Computer's "ack"
response in hardware... very fast.  The German A2000 keyboard is of
a different design, it can't check that fast.

The newer American keyboard is of the same design as the A500's.  You
might be able to order a new keyboard, for money, from an Amiga dealer...
I don't actually know for sure.

If you are writing a keyboard handler, and wish to be sure it works
with the old, German A2000s, then wait at least one full video frame before
releasing the ack (KDAT).