[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Pointer information

avery@puff.cs.wisc.edu (Aaron Avery) (04/07/88)

In article <440@sas.UUCP> walker@sas.UUCP (Doug Walker) writes:
>You will be able to understand this more easily if you look at the
>description of a SPRITE instead of the intuition pointer, since the
>intuition pointer is merely an instance of a simple sprite.

Also note that an easy way to make sprite data is to set up Deluxe Paint II
in two bitplane mode, draw the image, and save it as a 16-pixel-wide brush.
Now, examine the file, and the BODY section should contain the image data
in the appropriate format, as long as it's not compressed, which can be
checked in the BMHD hunk. I've done this for importing sprite images into
my source code. 'type opt h' can be of help here, too.

--
Aaron Avery (avery@puff.cs.wisc.edu)
	    ({seismo,caip,allegra,harvard,rutgers,ihnp4}!uwvax!puff!avery)

walker@sas.UUCP (Doug Walker) (04/12/88)

In article <1546@puff.cs.wisc.edu> avery@puff.WISC.EDU (Aaron Avery) writes:
>Also note that an easy way to make sprite data is to set up Deluxe Paint II
>in two bitplane mode, draw the image, and save it as a 16-pixel-wide brush.

The easiest way to make sprite data is to use one of the several freely
redistributable sprite editors that have come out.  I have one from Mantis
software (I think) that writes the C code for the sprite, and another that
I have never actually used that seems more sophisticated but only writes
binary data.

haitex@pnet01.cts.com (Wade Bickel) (04/12/88)

walker@sas.UUCP (Doug Walker) writes:
>In article <1546@puff.cs.wisc.edu> avery@puff.WISC.EDU (Aaron Avery) writes:
>>Also note that an easy way to make sprite data is to set up Deluxe Paint II
>>in two bitplane mode, draw the image, and save it as a 16-pixel-wide brush.
>
>The easiest way to make sprite data is to use one of the several freely
>redistributable sprite editors that have come out.  I have one from Mantis
>software (I think) that writes the C code for the sprite, and another that
>I have never actually used that seems more sophisticated but only writes
>binary data.

        I don't beieve that this is true.  John Shultz utilizes the method
      decribed by Doug quite effectively, and since DPaint is more flexable
      than a sprite editor, he can do more with it.  He recently purchased
      Photon Paint, so perhaps a brush capturer for that is in his plans?

        Anyway, DPaint seems an execelent way to create sprite images.  Do
      any of the many Paint programs support this capability?

                                                Thanks,

                                                        Wade.

UUCP: {cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!pnet01!haitex
ARPA: crash!pnet01!haitex@nosc.mil
INET: haitex@pnet01.CTS.COM