[comp.sys.amiga.tech] AutoBoot Under KS 1.3

uzun@wolf.UUCP (Roger Uzun) (04/21/88)

Does anyone know if you will still be able to boot from a floppy in
DF0: under KS 1.3 if you have an autobooting device in one of the
A2000 slots?

Thanks

-Roger

andy@cbmvax.UUCP (Andy Finkel) (04/21/88)

In article <669@wolf.UUCP> uzun@wolf.UUCP (Roger Uzun) writes:
>Does anyone know if you will still be able to boot from a floppy in
>DF0: under KS 1.3 if you have an autobooting device in one of the
>A2000 slots?

Bootable floppy in drive DF0: overrides autoboot devices.

--
andy finkel		{ihnp4|seismo|allegra}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

"C combines the power of assembly language with the flexibility of
 assembly language."

In article <669@wolf.UUCP> uzun@wolf.UUCP (Roger Uzun) writes:
|>Does anyone know if you will still be able to boot from a floppy in
|>DF0: under KS 1.3 if you have an autobooting device in one of the
|>A2000 slots?

Yes, it checks the floppy first.
--Chuck McManis

artw@pnet01.cts.com (Art Weiss) (04/23/88)

>Does anyone know if you will still be able to boot from a floppy in
>DF0: inder KS 1.3 if you have an autobooting device in one of the
>A2000 slots?

The answer to the above question is yes. You can boot off the floppy by simply
having it in DF0: when you boot. Autobooting off the hard disk only takes
place if no disk is found in DF0:. Note that you can also autoboot off a
network or CARD: (the recoverable RAMdisk).

                                                     ...Art

claudio@forty2.UUCP (Claudio Nieder) (04/26/88)

In article <2865@crash.cts.com> artw@pnet01.cts.com (Art Weiss) writes:
>The answer to the above question is yes. You can boot off the floppy by simply
>having it in DF0: when you boot. Autobooting off the hard disk only takes
>place if no disk is found in DF0:. Note that you can also autoboot off a
>network or CARD: (the recoverable RAMdisk).

If you have several autoboot devices (Harddisk CARD: network) which one comes
first ?

				claudio

UUCP: claudio@forty2.uucp		BITNET: K538912@CZHRZU1A
Mail: Claudio Nieder, Kanalweg 1, CH-8610 Uster