[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Amiga Disk Backup

grwalter@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Fred Walter) (05/17/88)

In article <40.228E8C97@rubbs1.UUCP> Daniel_Zenchelsky@rubbs1.UUCP (Daniel Zenchelsky) writes:
>Software Owner:
>               Every Amiga user should have a back-up copy of every
>protected program they own. Now YOU can have reliable, affordable
>protection!
>+
>We offer two options:
>        1) You supply us with an original disk. For $2 per disk*,
>we will make you a duplicate.
>        2) For $5 per disk*, and proof of an original copy, we
>will make you a duplicate.
>+
>Ownership can be proven as follows:
>        1) Provide original sales slip
>+                       OR
>        2) Sign the release on the order form.
[some text omitted]

The above came across comp.sys.amiga.

Aside from the fact that this is blatent advertising on the net,
does anybody else besides me feel uncomfortable about the above
setup ?

That this setup (if it is legal) is ripe with opertunities for pirating ?
    1) by people signing the 'release' saying they have an original
       (when they don't)
    2) by Daniel Z. making copies of the software that people send in
       (which he didn't purchase)

Just a few thoughts ...

	fred

grwalter@watcgl.uwaterloo.ca				  (Canadian domain)
grwalter@watcgl.waterloo.edu				  (US Internet, including CSNET)
grwalter@watcgl.waterloo.cdn				  (CDNnet and some European nets)
watmath!watcgl!grwalter						  (UUCP)
uunet!watmath!watcgl!grwalter				  (another UUCP alternative)
grwalter%watcgl.waterloo.edu@csnet-relay.arpa (ARPA)