[comp.sys.amiga.tech] wIconify

michael@stb.UUCP (Michael) (06/19/88)

In article <2167@ur-tut.UUCP> dpvc@tut.cc.rochester.edu.UUCP (Davide P. Cervone) writes:
>The method used is simple, reasonably effective, and almost "safe".  It's
>still illegal, so it's not really safe, and there are still things that
>can break it, but not many, and they would be illegel themselves.

Well, Workbench breaks it, so its not really safe.

Everytime preferences are saved, workbench resets the menu for the new font
size. This causes the "Iconify" submenu to go away.

Occasionally the ENTIRE "workbench" menu is ghosted. I don't know why or what
causes it, but even the word "Workbench" in the menu strip is ghosted.

>P.S., I'm interested in how awful people think this kind of sneakiness is.
>Will you give up using wIcoinfy now that you know it "cheats"?
>
>Has anyone figured out how it gets rid of the windows yet?

Actually, I like it. Almost makes non-interlaced screen bearable. Now, if
only it didn't get rid of workbench windows (but actually iconified them),
had the icons go away when the windows went away (such as "System Request"
windows), etc. And no, how does it get rid of the windows?

				Michael
: ---
: Michael Gersten			 uunet.uu.net!denwa!stb!michael
:				sdcsvax!crash!gryphon!denwa!stb!michael
: What would have happened if we had lost World War 2. Well, the west coast
: would be owned by Japan, we would all be driving foreign cars, hmm...