[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Bug in workbench cause of bug in DMouse

	It would appear that the workbench locks up when a call is made
to WindowToFront() while it is manipulating workbench icons, as can happen
when you click on an icon with DMouse active.

	I have determined that DMouse is not the problem ... I moved
the WindowToFront() to a separate process and was able to lock up the
machine (software errord the workbench even!) with DMouse not installed.

	The solution is and will be to either disable window to front
(-L0) OR leave it enabled and set the # of clicks to >1 (-c2) and then not
double-click over an icon.

	In any case, this particular bug will not be fixed in DMouse 1.07,
which is currently undergoing in-house testing (i.e. it's in my login
sequence).

					-Matt

schein@cbmvax.UUCP (Dan Schein GUEST) (06/19/88)

In article <8806180824.AA11939@cory.Berkeley.EDU> dillon@CORY.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) writes:

>	It would appear that the workbench locks up when a call is made
>to WindowToFront() while it is manipulating workbench icons, as can happen
>when you click on an icon with DMouse active.

   I found this very same problem a little while back. Im not sure if it was
   (or has been) reported to CBM as a bug - but it sure works like one :-)

--
 Dan "Sneakers" Schein	      Guest of Commodore International Ltd. and cbmvax
 2455 McKinley Ave

andy@cbmvax.UUCP (Andy Finkel) (06/20/88)

In article <4064@cbmvax.UUCP> schein@cbmvax.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein GUEST) writes:
>In article <8806180824.AA11939@cory.Berkeley.EDU> dillon@CORY.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) writes:
>>
>>	It would appear that the workbench locks up when a call is made
>>to WindowToFront() while it is manipulating workbench icons, as can happen

Yes, this bug is a known Intuition problem.

--
andy finkel		{ihnp4|seismo|allegra}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

"Un*x is the answer, but only if you phrase the question very
carefully.