[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Using RAW: device

jdc@rama.UUCP (James D. Cronin) (06/13/88)

  Have any of you used raw console input with any success?  I
tried opening it, but to no avail:

FILE	*fptr;
if (! (fptr = fopen ("RAW:", "rb")))
	printf ("Ack blft.\n");

  Strangely enough, this works for CON:  Any hints, thoughts or
suggestions are welcome.  Please post replies, mail never seems
to work around here.

Thanks in advance,
Jim Cronin
--

James D. Cronin           UUCP:  {...}!rochester!tropix!rama!jdc
Scientific Calculations/Harris

carolyn@cbmvax.UUCP (Carolyn Scheppner CATS) (06/25/88)

In article <7727@rama.UUCP> jdc@rama.UUCP (James D. Cronin) writes:

>  Have any of you used raw console input with any success?  I
>tried opening it, but to no avail:
>
>FILE	*fptr;
>if (! (fptr = fopen ("RAW:", "rb")))
>	printf ("Ack blft.\n");
>
>  Strangely enough, this works for CON:  Any hints, thoughts or
>suggestions are welcome.  Please post replies, mail never seems
>to work around here.

Don't know why it works for CON: unless you are using something nonstandard
like ConMan.

You are supposed to supply a specification for the window.

Like  RAW:0/0/640/200/MyWindow

ConMan (or whatever you are using) may be supplying some default
specification for you when you open plain "CON:".

  Carolyn Scheppner -- CATS  Commodore Amiga Technical Support
  PHONE 215-431-9180   UUCP  ...{uunet,allegra,rutgers}!cbmvax!carolyn

 Calm down.  It's just ones and zeros.