[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Where can I get a composite video to RGB converter?

koster@cory.Berkeley.EDU.UUCP (07/13/88)

   I need a piece of hardware that converts from composite video to RGB. Where
can I get one? I saw a circuit design that used the LM1889 to do the job, but
it looked too complicated. Aren't there chips that do the whole thing? These
things are in frame grabbers, the Amiga monitor, VCR's, and all over the place.
   Is there a better newsgroup that I should have posted to?

In article <4427@pasteur.Berkeley.Edu> (Kevin Oster) writes:
>   I need a piece of hardware that converts from composite video to RGB. Where
>can I get one? I saw a circuit design that used the LM1889 to do the job, but
>it looked too complicated. Aren't there chips that do the whole thing?

The easiest way to do this is to buy an Amiga 1300 Genlock which converts
it's composite input into RGB. You may not even need an Amiga 1000 since
you will be running with the selector switch in the "Video Only" position.

The other possibility is a video supply store (the professional kind) they
may have such a beast. And then of course there is the do it yourself route
which is both complicated (because of the various circuites you need) and
difficult because working with > 5Mhz signals requires some care in your
prototyping techniques.

--Chuck McManis