[comp.sys.amiga.tech] A dual playing fields question

rich@net1.ucsd.edu (bmf) (07/18/88)

How can I create a dual playing field with a custom window?
Custom windows only point to one struct RastPort and you need two
to create a dual playing field. I would greatly appreciate any help
I can get on this.
   Thanks,
	  Rich

ihnp4--\
decvax--\
dcdwest--\
ucbvax-------- sdcsvax --net1-- rich

ihnp4--\
decvax--\
akgua----\
dcdwest---\

carolyn@cbmvax.UUCP (Carolyn Scheppner CATS) (07/20/88)

In article <1034@ucsd.EDU> rich@net1.ucsd.edu (bmf) writes:

>How can I create a dual playing field with a custom window?
>Custom windows only point to one struct RastPort and you need two
>to create a dual playing field. I would greatly appreciate any help
>I can get on this.

I may be wrong, but I don't think you can have a dual-playfield WINDOW.
You can have a dualpf ViewPort.  With some tricks, you can have a dualpf
Screen.  But as far as I know you must render to the unclipped RastPorts
of your viewport or screen.

See Fish Disk 87 for Jim Mackraz's WbDualPF.c for an example of
retrofitting a screen as dualpf.

  Carolyn Scheppner -- CATS  Commodore Amiga Technical Support
  PHONE 215-431-9180   UUCP  ...{uunet,allegra,rutgers}!cbmvax!carolyn

 !!! SAVE THE RADS !!!