[comp.sys.amiga.tech] lattice 4.0 patches

scott@applix.UUCP (Scott Evernden) (07/21/88)

Can someone tell me where to find the 2 patches which upgrade Lattice
4.0 to 4.1 and then to 4.2??  I thought someone said they were on BIX,
but I can't find them there.  I did find a note mentioning how to call
the Lattice BBS and to get AMFIX001.ARC and AMFIX002.ARC.  So I called
(long distance) the LBBS, but I find out I need a REGISTERED Serial
Number before I can see any files.  Supposedly, you get this number
back from Lattice when you send them the registration card- which I'm
sure I did, but I certainly don't remember getting any *number* back
from Lattice.  And even if I did have a number, I'd have wait and then
call back again days later after they validated it.  There's nothing on
Compuserve; there's nothing on PLink.

What's the deal?  Is this some kind of puzzle??  ...  xyzzy ... ?
Why haven't these patches been posted??  This is sorta ridiculous...

-scott

roch@m.cs.uiuc.edu (07/22/88)

	Scott@applix.uucp (hi Scott!) writes about problems
obtaining patches for Lattice 4.0.  My added comments:

	Even if you do have the registered serial number,
it can be a pain.  I downloaded the 4.01 patch once only
to find it corrupted.  I called back the next day only
to find out that for some reason I was no longer validated.
(Why am I always the one hit by cosmic rays? :')  Anyway,
I left a note about it to the sysop and tried calling back
about a week later.  Still not validated.  Yuck.  I ditto
the request to post them.

	For those of you thinking about purchasing Lattice
products, I should add that in general Lattice support is
excellent. Don't let this be a turn off.  I of course have no
affiliation with Lattice other than as a satisfied customer.

				david roch
				roch@a.cs.uiuc.edu

fgd3@jc3b21.UUCP (Fabbian G. Dufoe) (07/24/88)

In article <748@applix.UUCP>, scott@applix.UUCP (Scott Evernden) writes:
> And even if I did have a number, I'd have wait and then
> call back again days later after they validated it.

     If you call LBBS to register you can expect to have full access the
next day when you call back.  Register.  It's worth it.

--Fabbian Dufoe
  350 Ling-A-Mor Terrace South
  St. Petersburg, Florida  33705
  813-823-2350

UUCP: ...gatech!codas!usfvax2!jc3b21!fgd3

mwm@eris.berkeley.edu (Mike (I'm in love with my car) Meyer) (07/27/88)

In article <748@applix.UUCP> scott@applix.UUCP (Scott Evernden) writes:
<So I called
<(long distance) the LBBS, but I find out I need a REGISTERED Serial
<Number before I can see any files.  Supposedly, you get this number
<back from Lattice when you send them the registration card- which I'm
<sure I did, but I certainly don't remember getting any *number* back
<from Lattice.

I think you've got things backwards. You send them the serial number
from your compiler package when you register. That's what you need to
get on the LBBS - a registered serial number. If you didn't register,
you don't have one. If you did register, then you do have one.

BTW, they do send back (or provide with the package? Mine came with
the 3.10 upgrade or some such) a "update card" that has your serial
number and update information on it. It's clearly labelled as being
needed if you want to get upgrades. You send it in wiht the check (no
disks or any such sillyness), and they send back new software. That
may be what they were telling you to look at.

	<mike

--
I went down to the hiring fair,				Mike Meyer
For to sell my labor.					mwm@berkeley.edu