[comp.sys.amiga.tech] BlOB's and IFF sources

joe@lakesys.UUCP (Joe Pantuso) (07/27/88)

Help!

I'm looking for a way to take an iff file like a "brush" from DPaint and
make it into a BlOB type file.  I would also settle for a decent BlOB/sprite
editor.

Thanks, in advance.

-Joe

     Snail Mail:       Real Mail:                           ///
*-------------------*  {ihnp4,uwvax}!uwmcsd1!lakesys!joe   ///
|Joe Pantuso        |  joe@lakesys.UUCP                   ///
|1631 n. 69 St.     |                               \\\  ///\          _   _
|Wauwatosa WI  53213|  "Rascality has it's limits,   \\\///__\ |\/| | / _ |_|
*-------------------*   Stupidity does not."-Napoleon \XX/    \|  | | \_/ | |

In article <899@lakesys.UUCP> joe@lakesys.UUCP (Joe Pantuso) writes:
> I'm looking for a way to take an iff file like a "brush" from DPaint
> and make it into a BlOB type file.  I would also settle for a decent
> BlOB/sprite editor.
>-Joe

There are two files on the IFF disk (Fish disk #64, or $20 to CATS for the
complete uptodate stuff) one in other.files/zapicon and the other is
EXECUTEABLE/ILBMDump. Zapicon will take a Dpaint brush and make an Icon
out of it, this can be made into a WorkBenchObject type thingy by using
Icon2C on the resulting icon. ILBMDump will dump the brush a set of
u_short arrays that contain the image information for the brush. You will
of course have to fill in the various fields in the appropriate GELS
structure (Bob or VSprite).

--Chuck McManis

carolyn@cbmvax.UUCP (Carolyn Scheppner CATS) (08/01/88)

In article <899@lakesys.UUCP> joe@lakesys.UUCP (Joe Pantuso) writes:

>Help!
>
>I'm looking for a way to take an iff file like a "brush" from DPaint and
>make it into a BlOB type file.  I would also settle for a decent BlOB/sprite
>editor.

I believe one of the Amicus disks has Lou Wallace's Amigabasic
Brushes2Bobs program.  In addition, the ILBMdump program on the IFF
disk will at least convert brushes to C source for you.

  Carolyn Scheppner -- CATS  Commodore Amiga Technical Support
  PHONE 215-431-9180   UUCP  ...{uunet,allegra,rutgers}!cbmvax!carolyn

 "Toto, somehow I don't think we're in Kansas anymore"  -  Dorothy