[comp.sys.amiga.tech] GB keymap

sjf@onion.cs.reading.ac.uk (Steve Fisher) (07/29/88)

We have been using various PD development tools like DME
and  shell, and have found that they have problems when
used with the GB keymap. The most obvious of these is with
the help key. For some reason the help key produces junk
charcters when used with shell and using the DME command
map help <foo> , reprogams the apostrophe key.
Can anyone gives us any help with this problem (ie a
working GB keymap )
 Thanks in advance,
shawn fraser,  Reading University
--
//  --   Steve Fisher   Micro. Unit. Computer Science Dept.
\\ |--        &                                      >  Reading University

ockenden@prlhp1.prl.philips.co.uk (Paul T Ockenden) (08/03/88)

In article <974@onion.cs.reading.ac.uk> sjf@onion.cs.reading.ac.uk (Steve Fisher) writes:
>We have been using various PD development tools like DME
>and  shell, and have found that they have problems when
>used with the GB keymap. The most obvious of these is with
>the help key. For some reason the help key produces junk
>charcters when used with shell and using the DME command
>map help <foo> , reprogams the apostrophe key.
>Can anyone gives us any help with this problem (ie a
>working GB keymap )
> Thanks in advance,
>shawn fraser,  Reading University

I've just been sent Omega 4 of 1.3 by CATS(UK), and I think that the
GB keymap is fixed in that. Unfortunatly, I'm not allowed to send you
a copy (I had to sign my life away to become a registered UK amiga
developer!) - just wait for 1.3 to come out...

Oh, and while I'm on the subject of 1.3, I think it's a bit off that
CATS(USA) are dishing out Omega 6, while I had to put in a special
request for CATS(UK) to send omega 4 - they are only just sending
out Omega 3 !!!!!!
.

--
Paul Ockenden  Philips Radiotheapy Systems, Crawley, UK  +44 293 28787 x 4349
 ...!mcvax!ukc!prlhp1!ockenden  OR ...!mcvax!prlb2!prlb!paul-melm03-decnet