[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Square Pixels

I was reading in _Computer shopper_ an article describing the
recycling of old mac motherboards, and they mentioned altering
the display of a lisa from non 1:1 aspect ratio to a display
that WAS 1:1 like the mac's.

Any way to do this on an amiga ? I have a Sony KV1311.

--
        Many have been bought by rich people, from other countries.
richard@gryphon.CTS.COM                               {backbone}!gryphon!richard

adam@hpmtlx.HP.COM ($Adam Kao) (08/03/88)

Wow, I never considered myself much of an amiga expert, but here's a question
I (think) I can answer.  Do be gentle if I am wrong.

I discovered the vertical size pot on my 1080 and promptly threw up a grid
in DPaint and corrected my aspect ratio.  (The only problem is, now I have a
big black band across the bottom of my screen.  )-; I solved this one by
setting my background color to black :-)

Now it seems to me this sort of control would have to be on the monitor,
since the Amiga is only concerned with putting out this time-varying signal
at a fixed frequency.  You could hardly expect the Amiga to be telling the
monitor spatial information (like spacing between vertical lines).

Therefore you're going to have to find the appropriate screw on your Sony.
Here I am afraid I cannot help you.  In fact, if you're unlucky, the Sony
might not even have this control.  Wanna buy a perfect aspect ratio 1080?
(Only 1/2 :-). I'm getting a workstation monitor soon.)

PS Hey Commodore, the first time I did this, I had so much trouble getting
the screwdriver to grip the pot I snapped the lead.  I had to take the whole
damn monitor apart and solder the lead back on.  Really poor quality.  Okay,
okay, I shouldn't have been mucking around like this in the first place.

Adam

In article <3780001@hpmtlx.HP.COM> adam@hpmtlx.HP.COM ($Adam Kao) writes:
>Wow, I never considered myself much of an amiga expert, but here's a question
>I (think) I can answer.  Do be gentle if I am wrong.
>
>I discovered the vertical size pot on my 1080 and promptly threw up a grid
>in DPaint and corrected my aspect ratio.  (The only problem is, now I have a
>big black band across the bottom of my screen.  )-; I solved this one by
>setting my background color to black :-)

Morerows ?

And did you get it consistent from top to bottom of screen ? Ie, it isnt
all scrunched up at the top, but spaced wider apart near the bottom ?

--
                           Bad sunburn. Real bad.
richard@gryphon.CTS.COM                               {backbone}!gryphon!richard