[comp.sys.amiga.tech] input devices

wight@cg-atla.UUCP (Stephen Wight X7596) (07/23/88)

I want to create a device driver that sends and recieves information
from the mouse out to/from the serial device.  I figure that I have to
place a handler in the input device somewhere, but I am not sure where.
Also, what messages will I be looking for from the mouse?

If someone has some source code that they can post or EMail to me, it
would be most appreciated.

carolyn@cbmvax.UUCP (Carolyn Scheppner CATS) (08/05/88)

In article <5345@cg-atla.UUCP> wight@cg-atla.UUCP (Stephen Wight X7596) writes:
>I want to create a device driver that sends and recieves information
>from the mouse out to/from the serial device.  I figure that I have to
>place a handler in the input device somewhere, but I am not sure where.
>Also, what messages will I be looking for from the mouse?

Don't have time to do an example but I can point you in the right
direction.  Look at the following things:

   - AW RKM Libs and Devs input.device chapter
     Priority 51 currently puts you before Intuition.
   - Source to something like PopCLI (Fish disks)
   - A (Fall?) back issue of Transactor (not Amiga Transactor) had
     a sample program that faked mouse events, etc.

  Carolyn Scheppner -- CATS  Commodore Amiga Technical Support
  PHONE 215-431-9180   UUCP  ...{uunet,allegra,rutgers}!cbmvax!carolyn

 Oh I'm a numberjack and I'm OK, I code all night and I work all day...