[comp.sys.amiga.tech] copper flags

stevel@tybalt.caltech.edu (Steve Ludtke) (08/12/88)

	Recently I've been playing around with some of the copper flags.
What I'd like to do is set a couple of the BPLCON0 flags while the system is
running. Simply setting them by writing to the register won't work because
the copper list contains instructions which resets this regsiter to the original
values. I tried modifying GfxBase->ActiView->Modes, then doing a MrgCop
and a LoadView. This had no effect. Then I tried modifying Window->WScreen->
ViewPort.Modes and doing a MrgCop and a LoadView. That didn't work either.
The only thing that worked at all is directly modifying one of the copper
lists. However, this is a temporary and unsatisfying solution. There must
be some way to set the LPEN or ERSY flags once the system is running.
any ideas ????

Steve Ludtke
stevel@tybalt.caltech.edu              ..!cit-vax!tybalt.caltech.edu!stevel
stevel@citiago  (Bitnet)               OBS949     (Amer PPl lnk)
72335,1537      (Compuserve)           XJM16487   (Genie)

carolyn@cbmvax.UUCP (Carolyn Scheppner CATS) (08/16/88)

In article <7582@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu> stevel@tybalt.caltech.edu (Steve Ludtke) writes:

>	Recently I've been playing around with some of the copper flags.
>What I'd like to do is set a couple of the BPLCON0 flags while the system is
>running. Simply setting them by writing to the register won't work because
>the copper list contains instructions which resets this regsiter to the original
>values...
>[]
>There must be some way to set the LPEN or ERSY flags once the system is
>running.  any ideas ????

OR your bits into GfxBase->system_bplcon0

Note - I don't know how future-upwardly-compatible this method is,
but it's the only way I know to do what you want.

  Carolyn Scheppner -- CATS  Commodore Amiga Technical Support
  PHONE 215-431-9180   UUCP  ...{uunet,allegra,rutgers}!cbmvax!carolyn

 !!! SAVE THE RADS !!!