[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Registered Developer

edwin@hcr.UUCP (Edwin Hoogerbeets) (08/18/88)

In article <64435@sun.uucp> cmcmanis@sun.UUCP (Chuck McManis) writes:
>Well assuming the programmer is a registered developer, they give Commodore
>the low down on what they need to do and why they think they need to go
>around the system and say "Ok, this is what I need to do, and this is
>why it doesn't seem to work currently, and this is what I am considering
>doing about it. How can I do this an be supported in later releases?"

[some support of CATS deleted for brevity]

>What I suggest is that anyone writing Amiga programs for profit a) Become at
>least a registered developer ($50 to CATS, ask ...!cbmvax!lauren for more
>info) b) *use* that service to make their code as robust as possible.

But I program my Amiga for fun. I also program it to learn about
various things like multitasking evironments, programming the 68000 and
doing hacks with this nifty graphics tool on my desk.

Just so we know, should I register as a developer if I don't plan on
selling anything for the Amiga, yet like to get into the technical
side anyways? What is a "registered developer" anyways?

Side note: Lauren, if you have more info online about this, I'd be happy
to include that in the .tech version of the intro posting.

Edwin (Deepthot)                      Waterloo co-op student, HCR Corporation
Hoogerbeets		                   2A computer science and psychology
uunet!utai!utcsri!hcr!edwin                                  Me Tarzan, Unix.
                  edwin@hcr         //           Freudian slips? This message
or:                                //               contains no Freudian sex.
...!hcr!MsgPort!edwin          \\ //   Amiga             Everyone is entitled
A B2000 running UUPC            \X/  Enthusiast            to my own opinion!