[comp.sys.amiga.tech] uucp / Amiga

jdp@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Jim Pritchett) (08/19/88)

Hello,
       does anyone out there have a Manx-ified version of Bill Loftus' uucp,
uuxqt, uucico, etc. programs for the Amiga?  I have his 0.3 version, but it is
definitely Lattice type code.  I can handle the 'ptr to int' problems, but I
have more trouble with the Lattice supplied functions that I have no info on.
For example, does anyone out there know what the function stpblk() function
does?  What are it's arguments and return values?  Etc., etc, etc...  Anyway,
if you have Manxified this code, please Email me a copy.  Also, I need the
additional programs needed to receive news.  (Yes, I want my Amiga to be a
USENET node too - actually a leaf for now.)

                                          Thanks,
                                                  Jim Pritchett

                                          now  !killer!jdp
                                          soon !killer!gtmvax!dms3b1!caleb!jdp

PS.  I am trying to avoid the UUpc route for now, so please dont send it to me.

"Bye for now, I have to leaf..."

fgd3@jc3b21.UUCP (Fabbian G. Dufoe) (08/20/88)

In article <5236@killer.DALLAS.TX.US>, jdp@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Jim Pritchett) writes:
> For example, does anyone out there know what the function stpblk() function
> does?  What are it's arguments and return values?

     stpblk	skips blanks (white space)

     SYNOPSIS

     #include <string.h>

     q = stpblk(p);

     char *q; /* updated string pointer */
     char *p; /* string pointer */

     DESCRIPTION

     This function advances the string pointer past white space characters,
     that is, past all the characters for which isspace is true.

     RETURNS

     The function returns a pointer to the next non white space character.
     Note that the null terminator byte is not considered to be white
     space, and so the function will not go past the end of the string.

--Fabbian Dufoe
  350 Ling-A-Mor Terrace South
  St. Petersburg, Florida  33705
  813-823-2350