[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Vector snooper

scott@applix.UUCP (Scott Evernden) (09/13/88)

Is there a tool which will allow one to monitor the usage
of a selected set of Amiga library vectors?  Something that
can check on only certain vectors, called by selected
processes?  Providing listings of input arguments and
return values??  I have a vague sense I've heard about
_something_ like this, but I cannot locate anything.

-scott

page@swan.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) (09/14/88)

scott@applix.UUCP (Scott Evernden) wrote:
>monitor the usage of a selected set of Amiga library vectors?

Not yet.  Carolyn@CATS wrote a wicked cool program called Wedge that
does just what you want.  Unfortunately, it's on the infamous Software
Toolkit disk.

..Bob
--
Bob Page, U of Lowell CS Dept.  page@swan.ulowell.edu  ulowell!page
"What a wonder is USENET; such wholesale production of conjecture from

eric@cbmvax.UUCP (Eric Cotton) (09/15/88)

In article <9075@swan.ulowell.edu> page@swan.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) writes:
>Not yet.  Carolyn@CATS wrote a wicked cool program called Wedge that
>does just what you want.  Unfortunately, it's on the infamous Software
>Toolkit disk.

Funny you should mention Toolkit.  We recently resurected this project,
dusted it off, cleaned it up, and updated it.  The disk is *very* close
to final, and the documentation is just about done.  Stay tuned for
details.  RSN!  No kidding!
--
Eric Cotton
Commodore-Amiga                                               (215) 431-9100