[comp.sys.amiga.tech] 1.3 Infiltration ;-)

mriley@pnet02.cts.com (Mark Riley) (09/30/88)

On 9/29/88 rmeyers@tle.dec.com (Randy Meyers 381-2743 ZKO2-3/N30) writes:
>What evidence do you have that it took a long time for Amiga 1000 owners
>to update from 1.1 to 1.2?

I'm just looking at the time period from when 1.2 was available to the
times when I came across many people still using 1.1.  It was certainly
more than 6 months, of that I'm certain.  Taking into account the
larger number of Amiga's out there and the time it took many to upgrade
to 1.2 tells me that it's gonna probably take a similar amount of
time.  This is just my opinion, yours may vary, but all it means is
that I'm not going to count on user's having 1.3 (for at least the
next 6 months) so they can run any programs I write.

I do not doubt there are going to be a *lot* of people asking for the
upgrade right away.  I just feel there will be many who won't for
some time to come.  (Look at me, I haven't upgraded on of my Mac
512's to Mac + yet, and that's been many moons since the upgrade
was available.  This means I can't run pgm's like HyperCard on it.)

-Mark-

P.S. Uh, I guess we've been asked to move this thread over to
     comp.sys.amiga...  Let's talk about it there.

UUCP: ...!crash!gryphon!pnet02!mriley   BIX: mriley    LAT: 34.25 N
INET: mriley@pnet02.cts.com             PLINK: SONIX   LONG: 118.78 W

"Hey, I don't _use_ programs, I write them..."  ;-)