[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Execute command bug with T: and :T/

dan-hankins@cup.portal.com (09/29/88)

HELP!!!!!!!

I am nesting Execute commands in my startup-sequence.  Execute wants to
write to :T/Command-T-xx whenever I do.  Creating RAM:T and assigning T:
to RAM:T doesn't work.

changing both references of :T in the Execute binaries to T: seems to help,
but for some reason the startup-sequence still complains (with a requester)
at some point about DF0: being read-only (namely the point at which I attempt
to execute the first nested Execute script).  The relevant portions of my
startup-sequence look like this:

IF NOT EXISTS RAM:T
  makedir RAM:T
ENDIF
Assign T: RAM:T

Execute Setup1 ;Requester is put up at this point.  Clicking on CANCEL causes
               ;execution to continue normally
Execute Setup2 ;No requester asked for.

Dan Hankins

smaug@eneevax.UUCP (Kurt Lidl) (10/02/88)

In article <9550@cup.portal.com> dan-hankins@cup.portal.com writes:
>HELP!!!!!!!
>I am nesting Execute commands in my startup-sequence.  Execute wants to
>write to :T/Command-T-xx whenever I do.  Creating RAM:T and assigning T:
>to RAM:T doesn't work.

>IF NOT EXISTS RAM:T
>  makedir RAM:T
>ENDIF
>Assign T: RAM:T

Is the Ram: disk already activated (by a previous access) at this point
in the startup-sequence?  I do the same type of thing in my startup
files, and have not problem...  My idea is simply that the first access
to Ram: is often swallowed...

Of course, a much better solution is to use Matt Dillon's csh/shell program
to do all your system housekeeping.  I personally use teh modified one that
has command-recall and editing...  It works great...

>Execute Setup1 ;Requester is put up at this point.  Clicking on CANCEL causes
>               ;execution to continue normally
>Execute Setup2 ;No requester asked for.

Kurt Lidl
>Dan Hankins

==  Kurt J. Lidl  (smaug@eneevax.umd.edu)	(301)454-3184	==
==  UUCP: [seismo,allegra]!umcp-cs!eneevax!smaug		==
========"It's after 3am, no point in going to sleep now..."=======

dan-hankins@cup.portal.com (10/04/88)

Kurt Lidl writes that he has no problem with nested Executes in his startup
sequence.

Kurt:  Are you running under 1.3?  I've heard that 1.3 fixes this problem.
If not, could you send me a coy of your startup-sequence?

Dan Hankins