[comp.sys.amiga.tech] video signal question

SAM103@PSUVM.BITNET (10/17/88)

      I have a zenith monitor, VM131, i believe. The specs say it uses
TTL analog signals for the red, green, and blue feeds. Can I connect
this monitor to an amiga? And if so will I be able to get all of the colors?
If this will not work, I would appreciate an explanation. Thanks for your
time.    SAM103@PSUVM

hedley@cbmvax.UUCP (Hedley Davis) (10/18/88)

In article <57593SAM103@PSUVM> SAM103@PSUVM.BITNET writes:

>      I have a zenith monitor, VM131, i believe. The specs say it uses
>TTL analog signals for the red, green, and blue feeds. Can I connect
>this monitor to an amiga? And if so will I be able to get all of the colors?
>If this will not work, I would appreciate an explanation. Thanks for your
>time.    SAM103@PSUVM

I have never heard of 'TTL analogue' signals. TTL usually refers to a
digital ( on/off ) type of signal, as opposed to the continous analogue
variety. It is possible that your monitor accepts either type ( in which
case it most likely has a switch for selecting them ).

The amiga puts out three TTL level sync signals. Horizontal and vertical
sync, or composite sync. Most likely your monitor accepts composite
sync, although it might require the separate horizontal and vertical
sync. The key issue here is that the monitor must be a 15.75 khz
horizontal scan rate monitor. Check the spec.

As for the video, if the monitor accepts analogue RGB, you should be
in fat city with all the colors.

Hedley