[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Cool aspect of 1.3 Kickstart ROM

karl@sugar.uu.net (Karl Lehenbauer) (11/26/88)

A cool thing about having the 1.3 Kickstart ROM (or I guess the 1.3 kickdisk
for you A1000 guys) is that RAD recovers and is automounted (at least the
Workbench sees it) even under 1.2.  Consequently, when you boot some weird
1.2 disk, RAD is still there.

This has been useful for me because DPaint II has been giving me problems
under 1.3.  I can boot the DPaint floppy, which works, and still have
access to RAD.
--
-- "We've been following your progress with considerable interest, not to say
-- contempt."  -- Zaphod Beeblebrox IV

jdow@gryphon.COM (J. Dow) (11/28/88)

In article <3020@sugar.uu.net> karl@sugar.uu.net (Karl Lehenbauer) writes:
>A cool thing about having the 1.3 Kickstart ROM (or I guess the 1.3 kickdisk
>for you A1000 guys) is that RAD recovers and is automounted (at least the
>Workbench sees it) even under 1.2.  Consequently, when you boot some weird
>1.2 disk, RAD is still there.

This is nice indeed. Until you get the new AGNUS chip installed for 1meg
chip ram. Be sure to have "setpatch r" in the startup-sequence. That is
the only thing that makes RAD: recover.

--
Sometimes a bird in the hand leaves a sticky deposit.
Perhaps it were best it remain there in the bush with the other one.

{@_@}
	jdow@bix (where else?)		Sometimes the dragon wins. Sometimes
	jdow@gryphon.CTS.COM		the knight. Does the fair maiden ever
	{backbone}!gryphon!jdow		win? Surely both the knight and dragon
					stink. Maybe the maiden should suicide?
					Better yet - she should get an Amiga and					quit playing with dragons and knights.