[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Reading gameports - analog input?

danny@concave.uucp (Dan Wallach) (11/29/88)

Does anybody have any example C code for reading analog joysticks on either
mouse port?  I basically want to turn my Amiga into a small-scale oscilloscope
(4096 color!) and this would be the simplest way to get input.  It doesn't
have to be extremely accurate - I'm not looking for an audio quality digitizer -
it just has to function like calling PDL(0) on an Apple // series machine.

Would it be easier to pay attention to pin 16 on the serial ("Audio into amiga")
or pins 5 and 9 on the game controller ("Horizontal/Vertical Potentiometer")

Thanks much.

Dan Wallach
{...!uunet!}convex!danny

ejkst@cisunx.UUCP (Eric J. Kennedy) (11/30/88)

In article <737@convex.UUCP> danny@concave.UUCP (Dan Wallach) writes:
>Does anybody have any example C code for reading analog joysticks on either
>mouse port?  I basically want to turn my Amiga into a small-scale oscilloscope
>(4096 color!) and this would be the simplest way to get input.  It doesn't

Hey, sounds interesting.  Is this design something that can be made
available once it's working?  I'd be very interested in seeing it.

--
---
Eric Kennedy