[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Quick 'n Dirty Mouse Info

aw0i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Andrew Jordan Werth) (12/06/88)

Does anybody know of a really easy way to get the absolute X and Y positions of
the mouse, in C,
relative to the Workbench screen, at all times?  I need the values even while my
window is inactive.

Thanks,

Andrew Werth

In article <IXanoby00Uo5E0ZFdK@andrew.cmu.edu> (Andrew Jordan Werth) writes:
> Does anybody know of a really easy way to get the absolute X and Y
> positions of the mouse, in C, relative to the Workbench screen, at all
> times?  I need the values even while my window is inactive.
>Thanks,
>Andrew Werth

I always kind of wonder about questions like this. Please let us know what
you need this information for, if it's a screen hack or something
then the answer is "Just read it out of the Workbench screen structure."
Robotroff is a good example of this.

Sure it will break under future releases but you don't care right? I can't
think of a really supported way to do this (there is no MousePos(*x,*y)
call that lets Intuition let you know what it thinks) The other option
is to look at the sprite 0 registers and see where it is.

If you have a "legitimate" reason to need this information I would be
interested in hearing about it.

--Chuck McManis