[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Auto-configing...

billc@percival.UUCP (William J. Coldwell) (12/28/88)

Can a device that is not autoconfiged by hardware, be configed by using the
Expansion directory?

 Let me explain the situation a little better:
 The CMI Processor Accelerator does not autoconfig.  So, the 68881 and
 the PA resources are placed in memory via the PA software.  I wish to
 have it easily installed by using the Expansion directory, so that
 novice users run the installation program, and never worry about it
 again.

  Since I have never worked with autoconfig, and the RKMs are about as clear
  as mud, I am appealing to you guys (yes, hack me up, whatever.. just
  point me in the right direction ;-)

  Thanks,
  Bill

--
               William J. Coldwell - Amiga Attitude Adjuster
  CRYOGENIC SOFTWARE - 3647 W 97th #21B - Denver, CO 80030 - (303) 465-1330

bryce@cbmvax.UUCP (Bryce Nesbitt) (12/29/88)

In article <1439@percival.UUCP> billc@percival.UUCP (William J. Coldwell) writes:
>Can a device that is not autoconfiged by hardware, be configed by using the
>Expansion directory?

Answer:
	No.

	Executable files in the expansion drawer are only started when
	a matching hardware device is found.  Since you are using non-
	autoconfig hardware, no match will ever be found.

	I wish you could specify "match always", but you can't.  Sorry.