[comp.sys.amiga.tech] more DMCS noncompliance with SMUS spec

karl@sugar.uu.net (Karl Lehenbauer) (01/03/89)

DMCS will set the tie bit on note events for which the following event is not
a note of the same pitch.  The spec says not to do this.
--
-- uunet!sugar!karl  | "We've been following your progress with considerable
-- karl@sugar.uu.net |  interest, not to say contempt."  -- Zaphod Beeblebrox IV

850347s@aucs.UUCP (Hume Smith) (01/04/89)

karl@sugar.uu.net (Karl Lehenbauer) almost, but not quite, wrote in article <3204@sugar.uu.net>:
>DMCS will set the tie bit on note events for which the following event is not
>a note of the same pitch.  The spec says not to do this.

And be careful if you mark a rest into a block for tying. It will also tie the
rest to the following note, making that note silent.  Doesn't seem right to me.

BITNET		850347s@Acadia
Internet	850347s%Acadia.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
UUCP		{uunet|watmath|utai|garfield}!dalcs!aucs!850347s