[comp.sys.amiga.tech] lattice 4.01 bug ? or am I confused....

grwalter@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Fred Walter) (12/31/88)

I attempted to open a RAW window for i/o using Lattice's fopen function. I
can read from the window, but for some reason I can't write to the window.
Below is a code fragment that displays the problem. I eventually worked
around the problem by using AmigaDOS Open/Read/Write commands, but I would
prefer to use the buffered stdio commands if I can.

Oh ya, if anybody wants it, I now have a version of STEVIE that you can RUN
(as well as a few minor bug fixes). I'll post an updated version later
(once I've added a few things, like :g, :d and maybe even :s).

	fred

---------------------
#include <stdio.h>

void
main()
{
	FILE *raw_io;
	int   c;

	raw_io = fopen("RAW:0/0/320/200/STEVIE", "w+");

	c = 0;
	while (c != 'q') {
		c = fgetc(raw_io);
		fprintf(raw_io, "%x ", c);
		fflush(raw_io);
		fprintf(stdout, "%x ", c);
		fflush(stdout);
	}
	fclose(raw_io);
}

2011_552@uwovax.uwo.ca (Terry Gaetz (UWO Astronomy); Bitnet: gaetz@uwovax) (01/05/89)

In article <7489@watcgl.waterloo.edu>, grwalter@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Fred Walter) writes:
[...]
> (as well as a few minor bug fixes). I'll post an updated version later
> (once I've added a few things, like :g, :d and maybe even :s).
> 	fred
Please do!  This is the main VI function which I use alot and which is
missing from Stevie.
                               Terry Gaetz
                               Bitnet: gaetz@uwovax