[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Amiga 2000 and Guru'ing when running PC software..

rickf@pnet02.cts.com (Rick Flower) (01/02/89)

I'm considering getting an Amiga 2000 to replace both my Amiga 1000 AND my PC
Clone that I use to run a BBS here in Southern Ca... Anyway, I was wondering
if I was to be developing some software on the Amiga half and accidentally
caused the system to Guru while running the BBS software on the IBM side, does
that cause the IBM side to also stop functioning??  I'm just kinda wondering
about the consequences of doing software development on an A2000 while running
a BBS on the PC side...

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

                                I Thought So...

UUCP: {ames!elroy, <backbone>}!gryphon!pnet02!rickf
INET: rickf@pnet02.cts.com

artw@pnet01.cts.com (Art Weiss) (01/05/89)

   Unfortunately a Guru on the Amiga side will bring down the whole system.
Sometimes you can squeak by if you get a Software Failure, Task Held requester
and just try to ignore it. But I wouldn't do any important work under that
condition.

                                              ...Art

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (01/06/89)

In Message <3668@crash.cts.com>, artw@pnet01.cts.com (Art Weiss) writes:

>Sometimes you can squeak by if you get a Software Failure, Task Held requester
>and just try to ignore it. But I wouldn't do any important work under that
>condition.

  Hmmmm thats funny, I do it all the time.  I can remember when I was at CBM
  (CATS), Bill & Carolyn used to stop by just to see how many software failure
  requestors I could stack!  The important thing is that I did frequent copies
  to disk (I work from ram) so that when things got too bad, I didn't get too
  mad.

  Sneakers

--
Dan "Sneakers" Schein          {pyramid|rutgers|uunet}!cbmvax!heimat!sneakers
Sneakers Computing

   Call: BERKS AMIGA BBS - 60+ Megs - 24 Hrs - 12/2400 Baud - 215/678-7691