[comp.sys.amiga.tech] WorkBench Disk Objects

trantow@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Jerry J Trantow) (01/06/89)

[Eat this and die]

I have been having some problems with a WorkBench Interface.  I can
GetDiskObj() and read in all the ToolTypes to adjust the color, icons,
etc., but now I want to also save some information (window size) in the
Tooltypes array.  What do I need to do to add some tooltype strings before
I PutDiskObj()

Still waiting for a fancy signature.

rap@ardent.UUCP (Rob Peck) (01/07/89)

In article <255@csd4.milw.wisc.edu>, trantow@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Jerry J Trantow) writes:
> I have been having some problems with a WorkBench Interface.  I can
> GetDiskObj() and read in all the ToolTypes to adjust the color, icons,
> etc., but now I want to also save some information (window size) in the
> Tooltypes array.  What do I need to do to add some tooltype strings before
> I PutDiskObj()

Look for the latest version of "SPTOY.ARC" -- that is the version of
SpeechToy that I hacked on recently.  When it used to start up, it
assumed the defaults on all of its parameters.  Now it reads the
tooltypes on init from its own icon file, and rewrites the tooltype
strings (on command from a new menu item) so that the defaults are
what is written into the icon file.  I believe that it made it onto
a recent FISH disk and is available on PLINK and CSERVE.  As a bonus,
it also has an AREXX port, accepting from AREXX the very same
tooltype strings for decoding by a common parsing function.  Hate
to write double parsing for a single function so I made both the same.

The SPTOY mods were made to allow SPTOY to be the speaker for other
programs, queueing up sounds and so on.  In its next (minor) mod,
I'd plan to make it possible to use AREXX to inquire about the
various values (primarily the string and its translation), rather
than just accepting values (a one-way communication) as is now
built into the program.

Check it out.

Rob Peck   (source and object, of course).