[comp.sys.amiga.tech] V-20 in the bridgeboard???

870646c@aucs.UUCP ('Barry Comer') (01/04/89)

Hi all, has anyone been able to put a V-20 into the bridgeboard without getting
ram errors all over the place on the ibm side once the binddrivers command is
given????? By the way I am using the proper 5 Mhz V-20.

later
Barry

jmw@sdchemg (John M. Wright) (01/06/89)

I tried replacing the 8088 in the bridgeboard with a V-20 and got
nothing but a screenful of garbage when I opened the PC mono display.
Can anyone point us to any info on why this doesn't work, or (even better)
how to get it to work, or *any* info whatsoever on the bridgeboard?
(My previous plaintive plea for sources of information about the bridgeboard
either scrolled off before anyone answered it over the holidays, or else
any answers scrolled off before I returned from my all-too-brief vacation.
The previous request for *any* sources of bridgeboard information was
prompted by having fallen afoul of the undocumented "/b" option for
AREAD/AWRITEing binary files.)

   John Wright	Chemistry, B-014, UCSD, La Jolla,  CA 92093
		jmw@chem.ucsd.edu  jwright@ucsd   (619) 534-3049

timg@ziebmef.uucp (Tim Grantham) (01/09/89)

In article <1474@aucs.UUCP> 870646c@aucs.UUCP ('Barry Comer') writes:

>Hi all, has anyone been able to put a V-20 into the bridgeboard without getting
>ram errors all over the place on the ibm side once the binddrivers command is
>given????? By the way I am using the proper 5 Mhz V-20.

Yeah, I tried, but I could never get the Bridgeboard to boot properly. I was
using an 8 MHz V20.

Tim.

--

timg@ziebmef.UUCP		{uunet!mnetor!lsuc,utgpu}!ncrcan!ziebmef!timg